AAHPM Week in Review
July 9-13, 2018
To keep you apprised of the many happenings within AAHPM, the staff has put together this synopsis of the Academy news from the week of July 9, 2018:
- On July 12, the U.S. House of Representatives’ Energy and Commerce Committee voted to report out H.R. 1676, the Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (PCHETA), advancing the legislation for consideration by the full House. AAHPM developed PCHETA to expand the palliative care workforce, awareness and research. Access a bill summary, and watch a video of the markup.
- AAHPM membership reached 5,237 – an all-time high for the Academy. We also have more fellows as members than ever before – 335. We’re so glad you’re here!
- The impact factor for the Journal of Pain and Symptom Management (JPSM) increased to 3.249, an impressive 12% climb from last year. The journal is now ranked 67/197 in Clinical Neurology, 29/154 in Medicine, General and Internal and 18/94 in Healthcare Sciences and Services. Submit your papers to www.jpsmjournal.com.
- We received 22 applications for the Hearst AAHPM Leadership Scholars Fund. Up to 15 scholarships will be awarded to physician members to participate in leadership development engagement activities. Recipients will be announced by the end of July.
- 2018 Ascend: Leading and Managing Through Change registration is now open. The program will be held October 7-9, at The Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook, IL. Don’t miss your chance to discover the leader within.