We have started to get a lot of questions about how best to study for the 2018 Hospice and Palliative Medicine Board Exam. Yes, that one that many of us took a little less than 10 years ago and now it’s coming due. Or the one that you need to take after completing your fellowship this year.
So, to help answer these question, we at Pallimed and GeriPal have created a quick guide of the top 5 resources we use to prep for the boards:
1. AAHPM’s Intensive Board Review Course: the ultimate live in-person prep that includes a pretty stellar cast of speakers including Mary Lynn McPherson, Kim Curseen, Sandra Sanchez-Reilly, Joe Shega, Drew Rosielle, Michelle Weckman, Scott Schwantes, Janet Bull, Jeff Spiess, and Gregg VandeKieft. The course takes place this August 9-11, 2018 in Minneapolis, MN, and will include both lecture based content plus lots of exam-type questions to help you pass the test (and brush up on your hospice and palliative care knowledge). Plus you get to hang out with a bunch of cool palliative care colleagues.
2. The Pallimed/GeriPal Blogs to Boards Questions: yes, it’s slightly dated but hey, so are the exam questions (it takes a couple years for the exam questions to get into real life circulation). Plus, the great thing about these questions is that we can update them on the fly. So if you notice a question or answer that needs updating, send the edits our way and we will make the changes.
3. Essential Practices in Hospice and Palliative Medicine: For those who’ve been in the field for a while, you may remember the book series called “UNIPAC”. This was our go to resource when studying for the boards 10 years ago, and remains so today, just with a different name. It’s a comprehensive 9-volume self-study tool that has been completely updated for its rebranded “Essentials” name. Plus it comes with an online confidence-based learning module to test your level of knowledge and level of confidence in each topic area presented in the book series.
4. Fast Facts: a great, free resource for a quick how to for over 350 palliative care issues.
5. HPM PASS: Need more exam questions? Get AAHPM’s HPM PASS for an additional 150 questions.
We would love to hear what other resources you have used and found helpful. Add them below to the comments section or at either the GeriPal or Pallimed websites.
The folks at GeriPal and Pallimed
Submitted to AAHPM by Eric Widera, MD
16 thoughts on “Resources to Prepare for the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Board Exam”
Is the live Board Review Course going to be an annual event? If so do you have a location and dates for 2019?
The live Board Review Course is every other year. Our next review course will be held in 2020.
Is there any more online resources for questions to practice you would recommend?
Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for information about
this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon so far.
However, what about the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the supply?
Τhat is a really good tip especialⅼy to those fresh tο the blogosphere.
Brief but very accurate info… Many thanks for sharing this one.
A must read post!
The human drive to be smarter is a well-known theme on the large display screen.
Our heating service is comprehensive and affordable.
Detox diet helps provide lifetime health and wellness.
The symptoms of diabetes type 2 and treatments vary.
Some ladies have an excellent portfolio, profile, skilled pictures,
and many permanent clients.
I’m impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally
educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
The issue is an issue that not enough men and women are speaking intelligently
about. I’m very happy that I came across this during my hunt
for something concerning this.
All videos are hosted by 3rd party websites.
Lion Aluminium & Glasds Est.
1 33 A St
055 883 9240
glass frosting dubai
Looking for more questions to practice, please advise,
He is finishing his second MSc in “ Renewable Energy Sources & Energy Management in Buildings
“from A.T.E.I. West Macedonia.
When you companion with us you don’t get the
bare minimum you get the complete package.