The AAHPM Pediatric Curriculum Work Group invites all HPM fellowship directors, associate program directors, and educators involved in fellow training to provide input on a proposed list of essential topics in pediatric palliative care for HPM fellows in training programs focused primarily on adult patients. The survey will remain open until May 29, 4 pm CT.
Congratulations to the following AAHPM members who were honored with a Hastings Center Cunniff-Dixon Physician Award for their outstanding care of patients near the end of life:
- Senior Physician: Rodney Tucker
- Mid-Career Physician: Julie Childers
- Early Career Physician: Claire Ankuda, Katharine Brock, Meaghann Weaver
AAHPM’s new CEO, Wendy Toyama, shares this video so members can learn more about her, her values, and her vision for the Academy.
Recognizing the demands physicians are facing in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, ABIM has taken steps to provide flexibility:
- Ensuring no one will lose certification if they aren’t able to compete an MOC requirement this year, i.e. those with an assessment, attestation or points due in 2020 will have until December 31, 2021 to complete them.
- Affording physicians currently in grace with an additional grace year in 2021.
- Working with ACCME and medical specialty societies to identify learning activities that can count for CME and MOC points.
- Providing additional dates and waiving late fees for those taking IM and subspecialty initial certification exams this year.
Contact ABIM at 1-800-441-ABIM or email@example.com if you have questions.