The HealthCare Chaplaincy Network held its first major conference on spiritual care in health care this past spring. The attendees were very pleased with the results and encouraged us to hold the event yearly.
We are now in the planning stages of our 2015 Conference titled “Caring for the Human Spirit: Integrating Spiritual Care in Healthcare”. Our aim is bring together a multidisciplinary international group of presenters and attendees to explore and discuss the latest research, clinical practice, education and advocacy issues in the integration of spiritual care in healthcare.
The conference will be on April 20-22 in Orlando, FL. Plenary speakers include Christina Puchalski, Betty Ferrell, George Handzo, John Swinton, Lucy Selman, and Lilliana Delima.
In addition to the plenaries, we have added sixteen 90 minute workshop slots to allow for small group interaction and networking and a broader range of topics. We are currently seeking proposals for these workshops.
Workshop proposals should include:
- Title of workshop
- Name(s) and credentials of the presenter(s)
- Three learning objectives
- An abstract of no more than 300 words describing:
- The issue the workshop will address.
- The relevance of this issue to the focus of the conference.
- The content to be presented to address that issue.
- The experience of the presenter(s) with this issue.
- The learning modalities to be employed.
All workshops should be aimed at the advanced practitioner/researcher and should maximize dialogue with participants. Preference will be given to multidisciplinary teams.
Proposals should be e-mailed to Sandra Jamison (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 15, 2014. Questions should also be addressed to Ms. Jamison.