The Annual Assembly is over. The boxes have returned from New Orleans and we have put all the items back on the shelves. Today, we had our “Post Con” meeting and talked about the specifics: what went right and where we can make improvements for next year’s Assembly. The staff shared some interesting facts:
• 2419 attendees from 15 different countries and every state in the union were in New Orleans.
• 509 gallons of coffee were consumed at the Convention Center.
• 51 companies exhibited in the exhibit hall and 27 companies were present at the Job Fair.
• 3486 sleeping nights were reserved for attendees.
• 439 Twitterers tweeted 6716 tweets – totaling 6.1 million impressions. There was lots to talk about!
• Attendees participated in 135 educational sessions and purchased 286 of recordings of those they couldn’t attend.
• 13 past presidents were present to celebrate the Academy’s 25th anniversary, including Drs. Carla Alexander, Bob Arnold, Andrew Billings, Ira Byock, Gail Cooney, Ron Crossno, Laurel Herbst, Michael Levy, Dave McGrew, Sean Morrison, Cameron Muir, Ron Schonwetter and Martha Twaddle.
For the staff, the Annual Assembly is a culmination of a year’s worth of planning, meetings and conference calls. We are excited each year to come to the meeting and come away re-energized by the passion our members bring with them. Although we are still in “recovery mode” from the 2013 meeting (going through notes from on-site meetings and following-up with attendees), the planning for 2014 has already begun.
The 2014 AAHPM & HPNA Annual Assembly in San Diego will be here in just 345 days – mark your calendars for March 12-15!
Director, Marketing & Membership