Staff has prepared this update of AAHPM activities during the week of September 24, 2018:
- AAHPM Board of Directors election is now open. To log in and vote please see the postcard or email that was sent on September 24th. If you have any questions, please contact Member Services at 847 375 4712. Deadline to vote is October 15. Make your vote count!
- Recordings from the 2018 Intensive Board Review Course and Pedi-Innovate Course are now available in the AAHPM store. Purchase your copy today to help you prepare for the board exam or learn how to better care for your pediatric patients.
- Applications for the Palliative Medicine Access Fund are now available. This scholarship provides ten individuals free registration to the 2019 Annual Assembly and $500 to offset travel-related expenses. View eligibility requirements and share this opportunity with your team.
- Co-sponsored by AAHPM, ASCO, ASTRO and MASCC, the Palliative and Supportive Care in Oncology Symposium, will be held November 16-17 in San Diego. The meeting provides educational and networking opportunities for health care professionals wanting to learn more about symptom management, integration of palliative care, and supportive care across cancer types. Hotel reservation and early registration deadline is October 10.
- AAHPM staff member Julie Bruno attended the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Conference this week. ABMS staff showcased the updated Certification Matters site – for the public to learn about certification and its importance to quality care. The boards, medical societies, and other stakeholders are actively collaborating to connect assessment, learning and improvement in ways that support and enhance physician practice (without additional burden) and improve patient care.