The Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care will be here in less than 7 weeks! If you haven’t registered yet, you have 6 days to take advantage of the early bird rate and save up to 25%. Staff is looking into securing additional hotel rooms, since the Hyatt Regency Orlando is almost full. Check back next week for other hotel options.
- Support our Scholars! This year we will be offering 28 scholars the opportunity to present their research at the Annual Assembly. Each scholar will present a 10 minute ePoster on one of the following topics: Advance Care Planning, Cancer, Consult, Prognosis or other. Scholar ePosters will be displayed adjacent to the exhibit area.
- End Game, a film about the end-of-life support system provided by physicians, nurses and others on the hospice care team, was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject. Congratulations to AAHPM members BJ Miller and Steve Pantilat who worked on the film. End Game also will be shown at the 2019 Annual Assembly film night.
The Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (PCHETA) has been reintroduced in the U.S. House of Representatives. AAHPM is working to maintain bipartisan support for the legislation, targeting the Energy & Commerce Committee and House Republicans who previously cosponsored the bill. If your representative is on either list, use the links to urge their support of H.R. 647.
If you’re an ABIM diplomate, you should have received the ABIM Quarterly News and Notes email, which is also included in this blog post. It included information on
- Knowledge Check-In roll outs
- Need for physicians to serve on an Item Writing Task Force in their specialty
- Collaborative maintenance pathways,
- 8 ways to earn MOC points and more.