Here’s an update from activities during the week of August 27, 2018:
- The syllabus from the 2018 Intensive Board Review Course is now available for purchase at aahpm.org. The syllabus includes handouts from 17 didactic sessions on a wide range of topics. Limited quantities are available, so be sure to purchase your copy before they’re gone.
- Have you completed your Fellow of the Academy application? The application period closes September 7, 5 pm ET. Being recognized as a Fellow of AAHPM is an honor achieved by those physicians whose professional activity is devoted to the practice of hospice and/or palliative medicine. Contact Emily Muse with questions.
- AAHPM joined 150+ physician groups to tell the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services that proposed changes to payment for E/M services will hurt specialties that treat the sickest patients and jeopardize their access to care. We will soon submit comments on the 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule and provide talking points for members who want to weigh in.
- Deadlines have been extended for those interested in serving on the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Board of Directors, Council, specialty boards, committees and task forces. See which positions are still accepting applications and apply online. ABIM strongly encourages candidates from groups under-represented in medicine, as well as those who practice in smaller communities or safety-net institutions.
- AAHPM offices will close on Friday, August 31 at 4 pm ET for the Labor Day holiday weekend; we will reopen on Tuesday, September 4 at 9 am ET. Enjoy your weekend with family and friends.